Expert Gas Line Contractors in Antioch
Natural gas is an efficient and clean fuel source for homeowners in Antioch. In fact, more than half of the homes in the U.S. use natural gas lines for heating and cooking, and it offers great benefits and a multitude of applications. Most of the time, gas lines and appliances are totally safe for your home. However, if you have any problems with your Antioch area gas line, it can end up being a very dangerous situation. Even the smallest leaks from your gas line can cause explosions or carbon monoxide poisoning.
At In Demand Plumbing, our plumbers understand how important it is to ensure that your gas lines are totally functional and completely safe at all times, so we take any repairs or other services, like hot water heater repairs, that we perform very seriously. We'll do whatever it takes to keep your home and your family as safe as possible, and we'll ensure that your gas appliances are totally functional.
Repairing Gas Leaks Is Essential
Natural gas has no scent, so a "rotten egg" scent is typically added to it in order to alert homeowners of a leak. If you believe you're smelling what may be a gas leak, here are the next steps you should take before calling a professional gas line repair specialist:
- Do not use your cell phone until you're a safe distance from your home.
- Shut all gas valves off.
- Do not attempt to locate the leak.
- Do not turn any electrical appliances on or off.
- Do not smoke or use any open flames.
- Get a safe distance from the house, then call 911 and the utility company.
- If a natural gas line is damaged while you're digging outside, do not attempt to repair it yourself. Call your utility company immediately.
Our plumber for Antioch can help you safely and thoroughly repair a gas line that is leaking. We'll make sure that your home is as safe and functional as possible.
Gas Line Installations
Our professional plumbers can also help you install a new gas line in your home. We'll perform these steps to complete the job:
- Locate your home's existing gas source.
- Measure the distance from there to the nearest appliance.
- Provide a comprehensive quote for the work.
- Obtain city permits as necessary.
- After the inspection and permitting are complete, we'll run the gas line in accordance with local, state, and federal codes.
- After we run the gas line, we'll connect it to the appliance and perform tests.
- If a final inspection is necessary, we'll inform the inspector.
Give Your Antioch Professional Plumbers A Call Today!