Clogged Drains In Brentwood
How to Avoid Clogging up Drains
Brentwood clogged drains are one of the most common plumbing problems you will face. This problem may occur in your kitchen or bathroom, or even in your main drain pipe. Wherever it occurs, a clogged drain is a huge problem. However, with some care you can prevent your drains from clogging up. Here a few simple tips for you to follow:
- Make it a habit to clean out the strainers or stoppers in your sink regularly. The same needs to be done for your bathroom too. Many times your drains get clogged because of the slow accumulation of small debris in the strainer. In your bathroom, hair may be collecting on the strainer. As more and more water goes down the strainer, the debris/ hair gets pulled into the pipe. In time this leads to a blockage there as too much debris inside to allow the passage of waste water. Keeping the stopper/ strainer clean will prevent this from happening.
- Never pour grease or greasy liquids down a drain. Many people pour oils, fats and other greasy stuff down their kitchen drain. These liquids coat the sides of the pipe and do not wash away easily. When other debris is being poured into the sink, it sticks to the greasy sides, slowly filling up the inside of your drain until it is completely blocked. Always dispose of greasy liquids in your garbage rather than pouring them down your drains.
- If you have a garbage disposer, run water down the pipe for about 20 seconds before turning it on to make sure any particles are flushed out. Once you have finished, run the water again to clear out the pipe completely.
- Avoid putting large debris and wastes down your drain. These will quickly block the pipe and prevent waste water form going through. In the kitchen, you should avoid throwing in fibrous or stringy materials, including poultry skin and fruit peels. In the bathroom make sure tissues and paper towels are disposed of only in the garbage bin and not down the drain pipe.
Clearing Clogged Drains
Some times your drains may get clogged in spite of your best care. If so, avoid DIY repairs on the pipe and call in the professionals. Without the proper tools and proper expertise, you could damage the pipe badly so that it cannot be repaired. This means that you will end up spending much, much more in replacing the pipe than you would have by calling in a Brentwood plumbing professional to clear the clog.
Brentwood Clogged Drain Provides These Detailed Services
- Clogged Drains
- Clogged Sink Drains
- Clogged Drain Pipe
- Clear Clogged Drain
- Clogged Drain Bathtub
- Clogged Drain Pipes
- Clogged Sewer Drain
- Clogged Shower Drain
- Clogged Bathroom Drain
- Clogged Toilet Drain
- Clogged Bathtub Drain
- Shower Drain Clog
We Provide Clogged Drain In The Following Areas:
Why Brentwood Should Hire Us For Their Clogged Drain
Why You Need to Call in Professionals for Drain Cleaning
If the water’s going down too slowly in your kitchen sink or the main drain is backing up, what you need is a quick drain cleaning remedy. Often, we are tempted to try various DIY techniques to sort out the problem of a clogged drain ourselves. But rather then clear your drain, a DIY repair could actually worsen your problems. Unless you are professional plumber yourself, it is best to call in a reliable plumbing service when you are facing these problems with your home’s drainage. Here is why.
The Right Tools for the Job
Plumbing problems often require some special tools that you do not normally have as part of your home repair kit. While you may have a wrench or plunger handy to set right small leaks or drainage clogs, these may not work when your drains are completely clogged with debris. In fact, if you use excessive force on a corroded or jammed pipe you might end up cracking it or wearing out the threads so that it cannot be used anymore. You would then be forced to replace the entire piping.
Identifying the Cause and Location of the Problems
Drain clogging is not always due to debris that is flushed down the pipe through the sink or bathroom. Sometimes, a part of the pipe may be broken and the pieces lying inside the pipe leading to a block. In some homes, plumbers even find roots of trees growing into the drain pipe, blocking it completely. So, it is impossible for you to find where the blockage is actually occurring. A professional plumber will have all the right equipment like cameras, probes and locators that tell them exactly where and what the problem is. With this kind of equipment the plumber knows exactly which part of your drainage system needs to be checked. This is why calling in a professional is the only way to carry out an effective drain cleaning procedure.
In some drainage lines, especially those leading from your kitchen, there is a regular build up of sludge and grease. The only way to clean these drainage pipes is to use a hydro- jetter that pushes in water with great force to strip away the grease buildup over the sides of the pipe. It is not a practical idea to buy this equipment simply for cleaning out your drains. A professional plumber will be able to tell you when a hydro jetter is required to clean out your drains and he will also bring the necessary equipment to get the job done. In addition, he has the experience and skill to use the hydro jetter properly so that all the accumulated grease is effectively removed.
What Brentwood Homeowners Are Saying ABout Us
"Jeff @ In Demand Plumbing is one of the most courteous and professional plumbers I have ever dealt with! I thought there was a sewage gas leak in my master bathroom. Jeff came out to give a free estimate. He had to get under my house to check things out, but before he could, the crawl space opening was blocked by filing cabinets. He moved everything for me! When it came to getting the job done, he found that it wasn't a gas leak, and wasn't even a plumbing issue at all (it was a dead rat in the wall :( ewwww!), but he fixed what was wrong anyways! He was able to clean everything out for me, and closed all of the openings. Any other plumber would have said that it wasn't their job, but Jeff was great! He even cleaned up after himself & took his shoes off at my door. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a plumber & I will definitely use his services again! Thanks again Jeff!"
- Jenn V. Antioch, CA | Rated: 3 / 3 - Read More Testimonials